Certain facts and circumstances, if present at the time of your DUI arrest can and will increase you’re the time you will spend in county jail or state prison. If aggravating facts are established it will definitely increase your DUI penalties, regardless of whether you have prior convictions of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th DUI.
The most common circumstances to cause this are:
- Registering a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.15% or higher
- Refusal to submit a chemical test to arresting law enforcement officials
- Causing a motor vehicle accident of any kind
- Driving a motor vehicle at excessive speeds at any time
- Driving with any children in your vehicle who are under the age of 14 while above the allowable legal limit of alcohol in your system
- Being under the legal age of drinking, which is 21 at the time of your DUI arrest/offense
What Are The Alternative Sentencing Option For A DUI In Los Angeles County?
- Cal-Trans roadside work
- Community service programs
- Electronic monitoring/house arrest ordered by court
- Having to take up residence in a sober living community ordered by the court
- Incarceration in a private or city jail ordered by the court
Now that you have a clear understanding of all the potential consequences a DUI can bring to your life. I am sure you can see that none of these options are good ones at all and the best chance to receive as lenient sentence as possible is to hire a very experienced DUI lawyer in Los Angeles. Pick up the phone and call one of our experienced, ethical and aggressive DUI lawyers today at the Los Angeles DUI Lawyer Pros for free, no cost consultation. Remember, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Call (323) 813-4381.